Following on from the events of the last post, I had another fall on Friday evening, against the shower door. This time, the call to the careline service resulted in an ambulance service being called. (2 ambulances and at least one paramedic led to the decision to take me to the local district general hospital where I had 4 or 5 x-rays of my left shoulder which was well swollen and bruised.
No bony injury (tough old bird), so off to the ward where an army of doctors attempted to draw blood, with eventual success, apart from the fact that another consultant would want a different test, so more stabs. Nice staff.
My only complaint is that it was a medical admission unit, and so patients are expected to be there for no more than 24 hours. For this reason, staff are (quite rightly) reluctant to hand out extra linen unnecessarily - especially after the patient has "wasted" a blanket by spilling rather a large quantity of blood on one. On the second night (yes, second night) a wonderful staff nurse wrapped me up in a cocoon of a second blanket and, at last, I got warm.
Home Sunday afternoon, but discovered, to my horror, dear readers that I could not get on line.
Eventually realised that Tesco had cut me off because I am migrating to BT Internet.
In fact I am now set up.
Last day at Day Hospital.
Home, and all is well.
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Elaine - it's so interesting to read these posts from the "other side". I spend a lot of my time attending community alarm calls and (because I'm an arrogant young bugger) have never thought to myself "Maybe these nice ladies are lying on the floor and not thinking "Oh my, a nice young man come to save me." but instead "Bollocks...this is a pain in the bum."
You're an education, m'dear :)
Post a Comment