Friday, 17 April 2009

Falls

I fell during the night last night and had to get the falls response team out to get me up with their machine. I had had my bed on overnight heat so the duvet was lovely and cosy as I lay beneath it while waiting for the team. Wonderful people as usual. Back to sleep till morning.

Then up and about and into the shower.

You guessed it. Another fall.

This time I could not turn the water off.

Eventually got the shower door open and fell out and reached the alarm bell.

All this time the water was pouring down.

Help arrived and a mop with towels as used to start drying the carpet.

Our House Manager got help from a social worker who was on site and between them they got me up.

I am somewhat tired, so more later.

8 comments:

dickiebo said...

For Pete's sake take it easy, Elaine. Spare a thought for the floor! No, no. Sorry. only joking! You really must know your limitations! You're getting even me a little worried.TAKE IT EASY, GAL! Please!

Sage said...

{{hugs}} I don't know what else to say Elaine, just be careful though I think you are and it is just the situation you find yourself in.. glad you have the help you need. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Take care, Elaine. Thinking of you.

Marcheline said...

E,

Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time of things. Here's hoping you're back up again soon. Don't mean to sound obvious, but do you have a shower chair? It's a great little gadget...

- M

Barbara Blundell said...

Hello Elaine,
Sorry to hear about the falls This is getting to be a habit. Have you got your eye on one of the Response Team ?

daughter said...

Looking forward to hearing how things went with your desk repacement today. I hope you've been taking things easy too!

Anonymous said...

I think the problem is all that Noilly you keep drinking! lol

Sorry to hear you have had such problems.. Douglas and I most sincerely hope that the Drs will work it out and get you back properly on your pins xxxx

Elderly lady in training said...

What can I say? I do hope someone can gets to the bottom soon of why the falls are happening. In the meantime - commiserations. I hate to think what the bruises must be like. Take care of yourself.