Well, I certainly got my money's worth out of the NHS today.
Off to the Day Hospital in a blouse and t-shirt, although I wore a long sleeved blouse to hide the fact that I was still wearing my long sleeved vest.
We always get greeted with a cup of tea, then I was gathered up by the physiotherapist and really put through my paces. Sadly she leaves us next week to go to the bigger hospital near by. Never mind, another will come along and take her place.
And probably put us through our paces in much the same manner!
Next up came the occupational therapist, who questioned me in depth. I found myself saying things I had been keeping to myself, like a quite severe loss of appetite and no interest in cooking. She has suggested I come and work in one of their kitchens. No bad thing, I think.
Later the doctor wanted to see me and said that the x ray when I was admitted showed a chest infection, so she promptly prescribed some antibiotics - and I had them in my hand as I left. I said I was having a bit of difficulty answering questions about "when did such and such happen" - and often giving a wrong answer, before remembering the correct one later.
She reckons the chest infection could be at the root of much of my recent problems.
Interesting.
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Very interesting, indeed!
Get well soon, E - over on this side of the pond everyone's coming down with the same thing, as well. It's a bugger!
Take care of yourself Elaine, glad to know that they might have found a reason for your tiredness of recent days... hopefully Spring will bring warmer weather.
I hope you feel better and that you get your appetite back soon! Take care.
I hope the antibiotics have you feeling back to your usual self very soon. Rest well and take care Elaine.
You have no idea how very much I appreciate those warm messages of sympathy and encouragement from far and wide.
It's always good to get your money's worth but I just hope you start feeling better now.
Hi Elaine - i am sorry I haven't been around and I am sorry to hear you have not been feeling well.
I do hope you will continue to improve and feel like yourself in no time.
{{{Hugs}}} and prayers for Elaine. :)
Post a Comment