Friday, 6 February 2009

TBSITW

Today TBSITW once again lived up to her name. She came over and sorted out all the jumble of PC cables and labelled them to make reconnecting them after they go to dearest daughter easier. Before she allowed me to delete files she checked that my tiny pink thumb drive actually held all the files from my PC - the contrast is quite amazing. She uploaded them for me using the touch pad mouse which I find rather difficult and showed me how to access them.

Then she checked that the PC was reassembled and left me to delete my personal files. This is now done.

After that, my delivery from Tesco came. Now, bear in mind that I had planned to make the Brussels sprouts and chestnut puree tomorrow. I saw that there were several choices and selected a bag of baby sprouts as they looked nice and I thought they would be easier to shred than the bigger ones as well as less bitter.

What did I find when the delivery arrived? They were not available and some numpty did not think of substituting with one of the other lots of sprouts! This is where I feel so helpless. To make matters worse, TBSITW phoned from Tesco to ask if there was anything I needed and I said no as I had a delivery coming... Ah well, hope there are some sprouts with the organic veg delivery on Tuesday, but I somehow doubt it.

Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't tend to use it, but there is a way of requesting substitutes for a particular item in a T**co order: with doubtful / essential items this could be a good idea.

Glad to see the laptop is up and running!

And some breaking news - TDDIL's sister has just had her second baby: a daughter at 8 lbs 2 oz, all well.

Elaine said...

Delighted with the news - please send her my congratulations.

Do know about requesting substitutes, but got caught out on this occasion as I thought it was so obvious.