Monday, 21 January 2008

"Don't Panic! Don't Panic.....

...We're all doomed Mr Mainwairing".

This morning, after getting showered and dressed, I realised I had lost my stick.

I searched all round the flat, but it was not there.

I texted daughter and M in case I had left it in the back of M's car yesterday, but got the reply that it was the first thing I had asked for after getting out of the car (before even my handbag!) He suggested that I might have left it outside my door.

So I looked there.

No.

Went to front door of building in case I had propped it there as I opened the door.

No.

Some degree of panic started to set in.

Right. Lights on in every room and started looking logically (and illogically too) in all the usual places I might have left it, looking as far as possible for places where it might have fallen.

No.

Then I looked in the hall cupboard.

And there it was.

While retracing my steps of last night I forgot that I had hung my jacket in the hall cupboard as soon as I got home yesterday.

Should I start worrying about my mental status?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not! In fact, it proves that you are indeed one of 'us'!

missbliss said...

I'm only 22 and I leave things everywhere. Like the time I left the TV remote control in the fridge - embarrassingly it was plucked from the fridge and presented to me with a stern "what on earth is this doing in there??!" from TLM. Or maybe I should be worrying about my mental state?!

Anonymous said...

...Oh Yes! ;-)

Elaine said...

Thank you all for your support.

At least I can remember the cards at Bridge!

oldgit said...

I agree with dickiebo, and all without the aid of alcohol.

Anonymous said...

Blame it on the house elf.. we have a house elf who hides everyday objects, then puts them back in obvious places after a certain amount of panic has ensued ;-)