Friday, 4 January 2008

The White Tornado (s)

Yesterday evening I collected all the Christmas cards, and took down the holders, then went on to collect together almost all the rest of the decorations, some of which went back in their boxes and some of which went into a large green supermarket box which had lurked in my hall cupboard; some of the items in the box I wrapped in tissue paper to protect them, the rest I collected on the dining room table apart from two new purchases which I had put n the bottom of my wardrobe and the bridge of candles which I could not get down to unplug.

My two cleaning ladies arrived and I said I was not concerned about the housework, but I could really do with a hand puttting away the decorations.

Well, no sooner said than done.

Bridge of candles unplugged.

Bottom of wardrobe emptied and Hoovered, then ALL the Christmas stuff packed away including the green box; this was stuff that had previously taken up so much room all over the place.

Then she sorted out the hall cupboard, and as part of the process, Hoovered that too.

On top of all that, the other lady Hoovered round the house and dusted, while the first one washed the kitchen floor.

Then I went to join some of the ladies for a cup of tea.

Lady Muck, I think!

2 comments:

cheekyfaces said...

Fantastic when you get really good help.

Sharon said...

I'd say you were a lucky duck. You wouldn't want to send them around to my place?

Thanks for your visit! You can't beat Clint Eastwood in a good spaghetti western. You have to love him. Thanks for the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I've been trying not to think about it......... :) My husband has that tune as a ring tone on his cell phone. OOOH NOOOO!

Have a wonderful day!