......and any other sweary words you can think of that would not cause offense.
After elder son and grandson departed for home, I started unpacking, taking my time over it. Then I poured a G&T and r.e.l.a.x.e.d After that I peeled a potato , and was surprised to note that the water was only warm.
Had a look at the hot water tank and both green lights were out, which meant that the header tank was empty.
So I unloaded the shelf which sits above the tank (and holds 2 suitcases, a backpack, a large picnick bag and several shopping bags.
Then I filled the header tank using 10 refills of my smaller watering can.
Then I put everything back and sat down to what I felt was a well earned second G&T.
Now dinner is on the go.
At least the tank is working and I am getting hot water!
Wednesday, 2 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Got home, got the gin out too, have ice, picked up some limes . . . only to find my wife's drank all the tonic water. Nnnnnooooooo!
Glas to see you back after having had such a great time with family!
Thank you both for your good wishes, which I return.
To the shrink:
Grounds for divorce? ;-)
Happy New Year!
I'm impressed a) that you knew what to do to fix the problem and b) that you had the gumption to do it. The only question remaining is where did the water that had been in the header tank go to? And will the current lot go there too?
To elderly lady in training:
Happy New Year to you too!
As regards the header tank:-
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue. I don't understand the thing at all. I am just overjoyed when it works. There is some sort of pump involved in circulating the water, so I get a good pressure of hot water - this means I have virtually a power shower. Now that I can't have a bath, a good shower is almost essential!
Got to love those G&Ts, and any reason will work.
Post a Comment