Went out this morning to go to big garden centre for two or three things and to get some meat as well as to order lean ham and round steak minced together for collection next Wednesday.
When I got to the car, I could hardly believe my eyes.
The roof,
The windscreen,
The driver's window,
The front offside door.
All plastered with the stuff.
It was as though someone had placed a bleeper on my car calling the albatrosses to overfly and let go.
So, the first thing I had to do was to go to the car wash. On the way, I noticed quite a few people look at my car and start laughing.
Okay, clean car and off to the garden centre. Did my shopping and had a cheese scone with Lemon Refresher.
Back home in time for a cup of tea and a chat.
Friday, 15 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I think the chinese say it's lucky be struck! Maybe the same applies it it's your car! Hope you're feeling better and the aches are easing:)
Thank you miss bee. Don't know about the luck as it costs £4 to have the car washed.
Sadly I am still in some discomfort, inhaling, coughing snd sneezing.
But, I know it will heal in its own good time.
It reminds me of the days when we had to park on the road near our house. A built-up area, so parking was at a premium. I had to leave my husband's pride and joy in the only spot left. Under a tree. Next morning... It took a while before I was allowed park the car again.
He should have been very grateful that no worse damage had happened to the car.........
I think that ruddy albatross visits Swansea too!
Re your discomfort, Elaine. Try and get rid of 2 of the 3 that you mention. OK? Trust me!
Okay, dickiebo, I could not work out what you meant.(It's probably an age thing).
Do Enlighten me!
I'm sorry, Elaine. I was referring to your comment to 'miss bee'that you had trouble when inhaling, coughing, and sneezing - hence the 'get rid of two of the three'! My fault, m'dear.
To Dickiebo - I presume you meant to get rid of inhaling and sneezing, leaving only the coughing. ;-)
Is that a play on words, Elaine? Coughing? Or coffin? Steer well clear, m'dear! lol.
Oh dickiebo, you always crack me up, bless you. I like your version better thn mine!
One up to the Albatross, bet you he will lie in wait for the car to be clean once more and then he will fly round one more time..
Despite it being supposed to good luck, like you say spending money on cleaning the car and the effort involved is an expensive cost.
Sister drove me in my car yesterday and it was still clean then.....................
Post a Comment