This morning a phone call from TBSITW led to a trip to a near by small town which has a really good fishmonger; my eyes were out on stalks as I surveyed all the merchandise. In the end I settled for some broken haddock fillets and a smoked haddock fillet with which I plan to make a kedgeree.
Now that I know the extent of fish which they stock, I shall decide on a recipe beforehand and then go and buy.
After that we went on to the big supermarket which starts with T. It was actually rather fun to go round it with TBSITW - much better than on my own.
After that we came home and had a small glass of Manzanilla, nicely chilled out of the fridge.
So, having had a brief rest it is now off to the stove!
Later:
when I went to pay for my shopping in T@@@@, I could not find their credit card, so paid with my other one. I knew I had had it out at home to update the details on Amazon, so expected it to be beside the computer.
Oh, no.
So, I did a real search and still could not find it (and yes, I did empty my bag and my purse completely.
So, of course I had to report it lost. That's it now stopped and a new one should arrive in about a week.
Not a problem, but a bore.
So that dealt with, I made a kedgeree with the fish I bought earlier. It is my daughter's recipe, shamelessly stolen!
You will find the recipe on my recipe blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Elaine. Is TBSITW a bit like the TBBITW-if so I have one of those Also did you read that T are opening some supermarkets for Seniors-being piloted in Germany ? Interesting !
Ah yes, probably, mine is the best sister in the world. I also have a BBITW, but don't blog about him so often.
Post a Comment