Yesterday evening I went to a bridge teaching class again. I am finding this of great benefit; in two weeks I have learned two things I had not really understood before, and now completely understand. Before this I think a lot of my bidding was rather “seat of the pants”, and I am trying to get it into an ordered state.
I have become unused to going out in the evening recently and, as I didn’t get home until after 10 (and to bed about midnight), I feel a bit as though I am not firing on all four cylinders today.
I have also had trouble accessing a number of blog sites this morning, with Internet Explorer throwing me off. When I went back and looked at blogger dashboard I discovered that, for some reason some (many?) sites were being incorrectly identified as spam, but that they were working very hard to correct the problem
I feel deprived.
However, at least there were sites on other hosts, and through dickiebo I found a great one about a rancher in Alberta, Canada. She posts wonderful photographs of cattle and a bull or two.
I also this morning received a long, chatty email from a lady who was in the group who visited China about 10 years ago. Sadly she lost her husband last year, but she has picked herself up and carries on cheerfully.
She has kept in touch with a number of members of that party, and so I hear a bit about them too. It was a wonderful holiday, with a small group (about 20) and I still have warm memories of the people and all the sights we saw all those years ago. Not long afterwards she and her husband came and visited my sister and me and took us out to lunch. Sadly she lost a pearl earring that her husband had bought for her in China. Nowadays I cannot manage to visit her and doubt that she would want to make the visit up north now, but we keep in touch once or twice a year by email. I find writing difficult (or rather holding a pen difficult) so email is wonderful.
Can I get through a post without mentioning a washing? Well not really, but I have washed and ironed 3 table runners of assorted sizes which were crocheted by my late Aunt. It is very fine work with narrow gauge (is that the right term) thread. It manages very well in the washing machine, but I iron it when wet and dry it flat.
I have kept myself out of mischief by devising a spreadsheet to show last Monday afternoon’s bridge scores; someone else has an outline file on their computer but I was given a hand written one to pass on on Monday afternoon.
To nobody’s surprise, my partner and I came bottom!
However, I was so wrapped up in playing around with the Excel spreadsheet that I almost forgot about the washing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You went to China? How cool! Glad you are able to keep in touch with someone from the trip - that is a very bonding experience.
Have a great weekend, E!
- M
Post a Comment