This morning she came round and cut to fit two more photographs for a photo frame which holds 5 small photos; she has done brother's grandson and granddaughter holding her new baby brother, one of herself holding the lab as a puppy in her arms and another of the two dogs in their cage in the back of the car (before one had sadly to be put to sleep recently). She also fitted, in a larger frame, the photo of elder son's 2 children - NB to elder son - I still wait for the photo of you and daughter in law!!!!
After that, she really looked at the issue of a new computer desk and at the same time looked at how much room there would be for it (not a lot, I have to say.) At the end, she has mended the one I broke and it now works, so I am certainly not replacing it - thank goodness as I really couldn't get my head around it.
And THEN she listed all the food in my freezer and its date and which drawer it was in. All this in return for a ham and tomato sandwich for lunch.
I may have mentioned that I didn't feel up to going to my physiotherapy exercise class yesterday and phoned to cancel. In the afternoon the Senior Physiotherapist called me back and we had a very good, productive chat. I was explaining how my GP had referred me to the physiotherapist who is part of the Falls Response Team, to which she said that I might be quite disappointed as the exercises were liable to be like the ones I am attending just now.
I said I would really like someone to look at my walking in bare feet as, since my stroke, I think I roll outwards on my left foot and that this might be most of the cause of my falls. We discussed that the Neurologist was going to refer me for physio when I lived at my old address, but I was moving very shortly and so was he - to the opposite end of the country. I think that, after that, it just fell by the wayside. Perhaps this fall will bring a good result. The Senior Physio is going to have a chat with the Falls Response Physio and also with the Neuro Physio. This is excellent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now we know the economy is in trouble - you didn't buy a new desk!
Seriously, well done and many thanks to TBSITW - things are quite busy up here just now, and filial duties are hard to keep up with.
Elder son
'Walking in bare feet'?
You just wanna get back to your hippy days, don't you? lol.
Glad to know that TBSITW is living up to her name, well deserved. Hope the chat with the physio is productive and you get the help you need.
Like the idea of the photographs in a frame with family.. will have to do some for us.
To dickiebo:
I missed out on all those hippy days being married with 1,2,3children.
Perhaps I should redress that omission now.
Nah, think I left it too late for the acid and the hash and so on.
And the clothes would not suit me now either.
Sad, isn't it?
Post a Comment