During the spring/summer (hah!)/autumn I tend to wear one of a choice of fleeces; I have a black one, a bright green one and a pale cream (almost white) one. Which one I wear tends to depend on the weather. I looked out this morning and the sky looked a bit grey but it was dry, so off I went in my cream one (and before dickiebo gets the wrong idea, it was worn on top of my clothes).
By the time I parked the car, the rain started.
I have never managed to master the art of using a stick, carrying a handbag and an umbrella, but as a friend says, I am a drip-dry person.
Last Sunday, when I was shaking the minister's hand at the end of the service, I apologised for my absence and explained that it was due to a rather nasty fall, but that I was all right now.
This morning as I was sat in my pew, someone came to tell me that there were flowers for me and that I should collect them after the service.
They turned out to be a beautiful bunch of roses in assorted colours.
I am just so touched.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How kind of the church to give you flowers when they heard you'd had your fall. I know how much you love flowers in the house, so you'll appreciate them very much.
Sorry about the credit card loss. Now it has been reported it is bound to turn up!
The roses look really beautiful standing on the mantlepiece.
re credit card - Not yet...
But I keep checking for any rogue transactions.
Post a Comment