(with apologies to George Formby).
Today, once again I had a large washing, but I fell lucky and got a smaller machine for a quick wash of my dark clothes, and when it was finished and ready to go in the drier, the bigger machine became free, and so I was able to get all my bedding and pyjamas and undies washed. Because the laundry room was so quiet I managed to get it all dried and put away by lunchtime.
Now see what an exciting life I lead when this becomes important enough to post!
Met up with some of the other residents and had a cup of tea while waiting for the fish van to call and to pay the milkman. Bought a piece of salmon for my tea. Somebody who had the good idea to catch a number of us (even though she usually steers well away from any social occasion) was the treasurer, round collecting subscriptions to the Residents Association; 0f course in light of my opinion of this committee and the damage it has done to relations here, I refused to pay. The fee is only £2.50, but it is a matter of principle.
I am reading Gianrico Carofiglio's third book "Reasonable Doubts". The author was an anti-Mafio prosecutor in Southern Italy and his knowledge and experience are put to good use in his legal fiction. His prose style is far from commonplace and the books move along a good pace. I have received the latest (and final) Rebus story by Ian Rankin, but have deferred reading it until I have finished Reasonable Doubts. Now, to anyone who knows me, there can be few higher degrees of approbation.
Friday, 14 September 2007
I've got those Limehouse Chinese Laundry Blues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
D back again, love the blog. The weather down here(the south) has been very dry so we have hung our washing out. I love the smell of air dried laundry(so long as there are no nearby barbeques) but it does make things rather "crispy" even with softner.
Hmmm.
As someone coping without a washing machine 'til it's delievered next month, and with the 5 of us in our a family generating staggering amounts of laundry at a rate I wouldn't have believed credible, I can sympathise with laundry woes :-) At least you happily managed to get it all blitzed and done in a morning, you're on better form than me!
Oh dear, poor Shrink. 5 of you!!!
How do you cope? I find one bad enough....
The wife, 3 kids and I, we romp along :-)
Post a Comment