Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Another Day Back At The Ranch

I got up this morning, showered and dressed and was almost convinced that it was Sunday and I was pleased that I was up in time forChurch. (Alzheimers, anyone?) It was another beautiul day seen from indoors.

Had gathered up my bedding and smalls to wash with it, together with Washing sachet and Conditioner. Got it all done and put away - even summed up the energy to iron my pyjama trousers - usually I fold the washing straight from the tumble drier and smooth it with my hands (the lazy woman's guide to ironing chapter 1!

This afternoon the best sister in the world came with her camera which we connected to my computer and I was treated to a slide show with running commentary, which was very interesting. It was really good to see her after a gap while she was away.

I have just finished an autobiographical book by Clarissa Dickson Wright (probably known only to those on this side of the pond) who was one of the "Two Fat Ladies". It was a very interesting read from a troubled childhood and a glittering youth to a descent intoo the bottle.

Her battle to "enter recovery " from alcoholism is documented well and her move on to becoming a very successful television chef (as one half of "Two Fat Ladies") and cookery writer as well as a committed champion of the countryside and all the people who, directly or indirectly, benefit from good land management and stand to lose it all if some short sighted people in power fall under the sway of agroterrorists.

No comments: