Saturday, 16 February 2008

Not Rudolph.

Yesterday I awoke before the alarm was due to give off, so I switched it off and rolled over in my bed, feeling all warm and comfortable and not in the best mood to go to the physiotherapy class. However, after about 10 minutes I got up, showered and dressed and then headed off. I knew I needed petrol so I stopped off on the way: I must have been running almost on empty, because I have never been able to put so much into the tank.

As for the class, it was really good. I managed a greater distance on the cycle – while it was still 6 minutes at resistance 4, I must have kept the speed up as I covered almost a mile. I am also coping well with all the other exercises. The class has bonded into a really good group.

After I came home I went to the lounge for a cup of tea and a piece of birthday cake and to pay my milk bill.

Then home to prepare and cook the dinner.

For this, I took a venison butterfly steak from the freezer the night before and added to it two onions chopped finely and the rest of the mushrooms chopped.

Then 2 potatoes peeled and into a pan with one “dirty” carrot peeled and chopped plus some purple sprouting broccoli, the latter for steaming.

So, firstly I melted some butter in a largeish frying pan, and added the onions which I stirred about until they were soft.

Then, as I put the potatoes and carrots on to boil, I added the venison and then the mushrooms.

Once all was ready, I heated the plate in the microwave, added the strained broccoli and strained potatoes and carrots. Then I added one piece of venison and some mushrooms and onions.

Wonderful.

Except that the venison was bloody, and not only that but tough.

Two things at this point

I had expected from the name that butterfly steaks would be something in the nature of a flash fry.

Secondly, I am used to roe deer venison and I now reckon that this was red deer venison.

So, I really enjoyed my vegetarian meal – and shall casserole the venison tomorrow!

No comments: