Saturday, 2 February 2008

Saturday, Wonderful Saturday

This morning I awoke at 7.15 (in fact probably at 7.05 as my alarm clock runs fast), so I snuggled down under the duvet again, but sleep eluded me.

So, I thought I might as well make the best of a bad job and showered and dressed and headed down to the laundry room at about 7.50. You are not allowed to use the machines before 8am, so I was hopeful of being able to get the larger capacity washer for my bedding.

Nobody there – YES!

So washing on and headed back upstairs for the 1hr 15mins that the machine requires on that programme.

At 9.15, headed back down and as there was nobody using a machine I used 2 dryers, hoping not to be caught! Into the larger capacity one I put the double duvet cover, and into one of the others I put the rest of the bedding together with the cotton underwear.

Back upstairs, then down again after an hour.

At this point I discovered that only one of the three washing machines was in use and that it was still quite early on in its cycle, so I hadn’t inconvenienced anybody by using 2 dryers(of 4).

Better yet, my washing was dry, so folded up, dryer emptied of water and de-fluffed, washing brought upstairs and put away.

And it is only10.37!

So I have the rest of the day to relax….

Looking out the sky is a light shade of grey, and there is a light sprinkling of what looks like frozen snowflakes on the grass and on the cars. Doing my jigsaw and reading my book in the warmth of home seem like bliss to me.

No comments: