I was up and dressed in plenty of time and looking forward to going to Church, when I looked out of the window.
And there it was, snow.
I used to love the snow, but now I am afraid of going out in skitey (slippery/slidey) weather because I am so afraid of falling.
So in punishment I did a job that must be about my most hated,
Yes, folks, defrosting the freezer.
It would not ordinarily have needed to be defrosted until the new year, but I must have left one of of the drawers sticking out a bi it so that the freezer door was not quite shut, causing it to frost up pretty badly.
Now that I am a bit less able I rather regret not buying a frost free freezer, but there you go.
I am through at the computer waiting for it to finish so that I can get the drawers (all washed and dried) back in and filled.
I have a large picnic bag lined with space insulating material which holds all the contents of my freezer, especially if I have run it down a bit.
The bad piece of news is that when I went to heat my cauliflower cheese in the oven yesterday, the thermostat would not register above about 75 degrees Celsius. I think the fan has gone. The outside door of the oven was hot at the top but cold at the bottom. Here we go again.
At least it is not urgent as I do hardly do any roasting or baking and the rest can be done on the hob or the microwave. Still, it is a bore.
Sunday, 23 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That's probably one of my least favorite jobs in the house too. It needs to be done and we have three freezers.
Oh dear! But even with an auto-defrost freezer, if you leave the door slightly open, an ice film forms on everything and you still need to do a real defrost. From one who knows!!!
Yes, TBSITW, I do know that, but in 6 years this is the first time this has happened. It was so difficult getting down on my hands and knees (and then up again). The last time I tried to get up I thought it would have to be an ambulance call-out, but I managed (just).
Freezers are never easy to defrost, and I will admit to doing it less frequently than I should. Sorry about the oven, does it mean a new one or can you get it repaired?
Ah Elaine.. If only I lived closer.. I ADORE defrosting freezers!!
It must be very hard for you to get down onto your hands and knees and then get back up again :-( Well done for managing it!
We had snow on Sunday. And the freezer need defrosting I notice. Sigh.
Ah, mrs happy anna, you are welcome any time to defrost my freezer.
Bet you could set up a second job!.......
I think you should call out your nearest relative to help next time you have a freezer defrost required. Or any other thing that requires a hands and knees job.
Oh bother, I think that means me. ;-)
Oh TBSITW, bless you - I am very grateful and shall take you up on that.
I can feel your pain, Elaine (hey, that rhymes!). My refrigerator never quite recovered from the replacement of the door seal, and now the door sags open (but only at the top) and the light comes on inside and stays on all day while I am at work. Not bad enough to have to buy a new fridge, but annoying all the same.
- M
Post a Comment