Saturday, 29 November 2008

A busy Friday

Yesterday I got up after another fitful night and went for my doctor’s appointment. When I told her about the pain and sleeplessness she has upped the dose of one of the tablets I am taking and to see how that does. If it doesn’t improve things, I have just to call her and she will try another, but similar, drug. She is reluctant to introduce something completely new. I am not surprised when I consider the list of drugs I am on. I asked if she wanted to issue all my repeats as they would be up for renewal just before Christmas.

Done.

So, off I went to the pharmacy next door and waited for a short while to pick up my carrier bag full.

Back home, and shortly after, my two cleaning ladies arrived. On top of leaving everything sparkling, one changed a light bulb in the bedroom and put back a number of photograph albums.

Home made soup for lunch, and then I forced myself upright and took the two remaining loads of washing downstairs. After the first load was done and into the tumble drier, I put on the second load then came upstairs to join some of the ladies for a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Not to mention a chat!

Following that all I had to do was collect the first load, now dry and bring the second load (3 jumpers) back upstairs to dry flat.

When I came home on Thursday I found a letter addressed to Grandma Moot at my correct address. I am known as Grandma Mammouth by my grandchildren as I always used to pop over to France and shop there when I lived in the south of England. The oldest grandchild was then quite young and he shortened it to Grandma Moot. Bet it gave the postman a giggle.
Inside was a beautiful thank you letter with apologies because it was late as he and the family had been moving house

No comments: