Today my wonderful cleaners arrived and L. handed me a brown envelope. This contained a letter from the cleaning company to say that they were ceasing trading on the Domestic Cleaning side.
I must have gone white and put my hand to my mouth saying “oh what am I going to do now!”
However L, the best cleaner who has been with me almost since the day I moved here has said that she will come on a personal basis on a different day, Friday. She doesn’t want a cheque (no questions from me!)
I would have been really devastated to lose her as she is just exactly what I want and need. This is where you find out how dependent you can be on one person. She is keeping on only a couple of people for whom she has been working for some time. Sadly this does not include my neighbours. I don’t think they will mind too much as, even in the short time they have had her, they have been out on quite a number of occasions.
I can’t tell you how relieved I am.
For lunch today I had slices of avocado with sliced apple and sliced fancy cheeses that I bought when I was staying with elder son.
Just a thought:
Was The West Wing television drama prescient?
In series 7, the election to choose between Presidential candidates the characters played by Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits, whose likenesses to McCain and Obama were almost uncanny,
Jimmy Smits won!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yum! I love cheese......
That is such a shame, but glad to know that L is going to keep on keeping you clean. Nice to hear that such people still exist instead of faceless companies who don't know what affects their decisions have on the people that need them most.
Wasn't it in 24 that there was a black president? I seem to remember him being compared favourably at the time to the one in The West Wing. It was as if they were real!
Yes, you are correct, but it was West Wing that actually showed the process of an election.
Glad to hear your BCLITW (Best Cleaning Lady in The World) is not leaving you!!
Do please ask her if she would like a "Bussmans Holiday" at some point down our way ;-)
Yes, I could do to borrow her too,she sounds a gem.
I don't see any physical resemblance between Jimmy Smits and Obama but I suppose there is the element of minority ethnicity in common...
Post a Comment