Thursday, 13 December 2007

More Friendship and Christmas Preparations

The day before yesterday I discovered that two of the very young generation would not be coming to their grandparents’ home for Christmas. Last minute panic! Went to near by town with one Jiffy bag addressed and ready to go. I found another one big enough to take the other gift, put it in and sealed the envelope before affixing the labels (prepared at home to speed up the process). Got to top of queue, weighed parcels and watched them being put in bags.

Then ..

Ooops…

“I am so sorry but I have “stolen” one of the Jiffy bags”. No problem, paid for it and exited as sharply as I could.

After that I went on to see friend C who lives in yet a further local town and had a good blether and caught up what had been happening since we last had met.

Then she served up lunch.

Two chicken breasts in a sauce with potatoes and steamed vegetables. Delicious, but had to eat enough to avoid appearing rude. And then strawberries, cream and a little sugar.

I cannot cope with a big lunch after a big dinner, so I think I am sunk without trace! Also somewhat tired and a bit sore from all the stair climbing this week. Must be good for me.

Came home and relaxed in my chair (aka collapsed in a heap). Then made a start on putting the Christmas cards in the hangers; I usually keep family ones separate, but am finding that tent fold cards are inclined to flatten.

No dinner tonight as still feel full.

So, early to bed.

When I said early, I mean 6.30!!! However, I slept the sleep of the dead until 4.30 this morning (10 hours sleep!) Tried then to convince myself it was not morning, but gave in and got up at 7am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day.. we have amazon gifts on the way for those 2 young gentlemen being delivered to the correct address.

We have about 4 xmas cards and 2 bits of tinsel up at present - i did see the tree in the attic sides yesterday but whether we get it out or not remains to be seen :)

Pleased to hear you are doing stairs - sure its good for you, especially without me behind you trying to push you over!!!

Douglas and I both woke up early too, and pretended to sleep for another hour before getting up slowly.

Brrrrrrr! Keep warm Elaine!

Anna xxx