Sunday, 16 December 2007

Visit to Daughter

Yesterday I went to visit daughter and had a wonderful dinner with her and her partner. She served up rib roast of beef, with 2 ribs! It barely fitted into the oven. The meat was delicious and she served it with roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, and greens. A glass or two of a nice Rioja helped it all down. After I thought I was sunk without trace, she served up a lemon cheesecake. Lemon is a good way of cutting down that "I ate too much" feeling. We then sat down and watched a DVD of The Interpreter. I was really late in bed (11pm!) and slept the sleep of the just till 10am.

After a light breakfast of a satsuma I left to come home and start on the mince for the shepherd's pie. I put it in the pan, added 3 chopped onions and browned it all, then added chopped mushrooms plus a few cooked carrots which had been left over. I then added a mix of cornflour and Bisto, draked with a little water then made up to a mugful, brought it to the boil stirring all the time and simmered it for 20 minutes.

It now needs to be left in the fridge till tomorrow so that I can get rid of the fat. I may prepare the potatoes today to save time tomorrow.

No comments: