This week's box contained potatoes, carrots and onions plus 3 leeks, a large turnip (swede), 2 cauliflower and 3 beetroots. I think I shall make a cauliflower macaroni cheese with one of the cauliflower, and maybe a cauliflower with parsley sauce with the other one; The leeks are nice small ones and, now that I have got my new steamer, will search out some leek recipes.
Today was D-Day (or rather L-Day). I finally ran out of clean underwear (oh, all right, if you watched Bridget Jones, knickers!) so I absolutely had to do the washing. I had rather a bad night's sleep and tossed and turned till 6 o'clock, when I thought I might as well make a virtue out of necessity. I got myself washed and dressed and was down at the laundry room at 7.30 making sure I would be first in the queue for the big capacity machine, loaded the machine, added wash liquid and conditioner. ready to press START at the crack of 8am. This is the earliest we are allowed to use the machines.
So, I went down at 9.15 to transfer the washging to the drier; but it took longer for the spin than I expected, so by the time I transferred the load and put the second load into the washing machine, it was after 9.30. This meant that when I got upstairs again the bags were waiting outside the door. I had really wanted to see the driver today, but it can't be helped.
Tuesday, 4 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cauliflower macaroni chees? Sounds gorgeous.
Yes, it's better than you might think/
First cook macaroni, drain and place in casserole dish, then cook cauliflower, drain and place in same dish, then make cheese sauce as usual, pour over macaroni/cauliflower mix together, cover with a coat of grated cheddar cheese and place in the oven till bubbling and the chese browns.
Because so much of this can be made ahead, I don't give timings; also I never mention seasoning unless it is an integral part of the recipe. (This is because I have had to cope with different dietery requirements.
Another nice way to do cualiflower is to boil it, crispy grill some bacon (smoked is best but may be too salty), grate some dry bread crumbs spread breadcrunb and bacon mixture on top, flash under grill to toast breadcrumbs and , if desired, some grated boiled egg may be added to topping. This is best served as an accompaniement and may be a bit of a faff but it is rather nice. This method is called polonaise.
D
Post a Comment