My back seems to be much better. I took a taxi to the Bridge Club and played with my usual partner. I was very pleased that I saw that we had a Slam contract and we ended up in 6 Hearts. We made it (great thrill) but saw afterwards that another pair bid and made 7 No Trumps and scored far more points than we did. Never mind, at least I took it to slam rather than leaving it in game.
A technical bit: I had 19 points and opened 1 Heart. Partner responded 3 Hearts so I then bid 4 No Trump which is asking her for how many aces she held. She looked somewhat aghast at that but responded suitably.
Sometimes the girl done good.
My partner doesn't want to play tomorrow evening and I am quite pleased as I think the first exercise class will be enough for the day.
I took a taxi there but my partner brought me home and I joined the Scrabble group foor a cup of tea and a bit of chocolate orange.
Monday, 12 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go on the bidding Elaine, I always felt nervous when bidding with a good hand in case I messed up. Envious at the chocolate orange, I am not certain who invented that combination but it is the best ever
Post a Comment