Wednesday, 28 January 2009

If It's Thursday, It Must Be ......

...... cleaning day.

My wonderful cleaners arrived, with L. bearing a bunch of roses. She removed the flowers which were well past their best and gave the vase a good wash before trimming the roses and putting them in water in the same vase. Some of the carnations were all right so they joined the roses. This looks really pretty on my mantelpiece.

Not only that, but L. peeled my potatoes and left them under water as well as preparing the sprouts. I think she knows me well enough to realise that I would be more likely to make a meal and eat it tonight if everything was ready. The meat course (mince and beans) I had removed from the freezer last night.

So now I have no excuse.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errrr...... actually it's Wednesday......

Elaine said...

oh, then, picky, picky

Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

By the way, bloggers, Elaine sent me a beautiful "January bouquet" of flowers as a thank-you for being there for her during her spell in hospital. It was a large "hand-
tied" bunch of yellow and mauve flowers, including miniature daffodils which are yet to open fully. I got such a surprise when the delivery man said this was for me - and I'm still smiling!
Thank you, Elaine

Anonymous said...

That's what I need a pre-food preparer:)

Jellyhead said...

It's Thursday where I am :-)

I just wanted to say that L sounds heaven-sent.