Yesterday afternoon a lovely voluntary man came and collected me and took me to a small hospital in town (which works more with long term and physiotherapy care) and in I went to meet my new classmates. There were three of us who had missed last week’s session and so were all new.
There were two Occupational Therapists and one Physiotherapist and we w ere being taught exercises to target groups of muscles at a time.
Back to the ranch feeling exhausted. However took enough cauliflower cheese to provide a meal, covered it with foil and put it in the oven to serve with potatoes. I also decided that the small bottle of pink champagne would go down very well with the meal.
Macaroni cooking, potatoes on.
Macaroni cooking, potatoes cooked. Plate on to heat, potatoes drained and served on to plate, served on to plate and through to the dining area.
It was seriously good. ("historic", as David Winner would say.
Then I had a fall. No real damage, but could not get up. Eventually via NHS24 an ambulance arrived and two good men came and got me up. They sat me down in my chair while they did my obs – all fine - and we discussed my admission to hospital deciding it was not necessary. After they left I got ready for bed as I had got rather cold on the floor waiting for the ambulance duo (a Paramedic and an Emergency Medical Technician), so I put the electric blanket on. It was lovely and felt really comforting to get in to a nice warm bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to know you have no ill effects from the fall, but did you fall before or after the meal? Though I don't like cauliflower, I love macaroni cheese. {{hugs}}
Hello Elaine,
Sorry to hear about the fall.Are you sure it wasn't an excuse to get the two good men to call ?
Oh do be careful Elaine. It's storming here today and I almost wish I had an electric blanket to snuggle under.
Since when did the redoubtable Michael Winner change his name to Davie?????
Oops, sorry.
Post a Comment