I have been given an award by Sage , which somewhat stuns me. Here it is:-

I shall award it on to Linda of Just another Day on the Prairie.
It is difficult to think of other women bloggers who might wish this accolade, but can keep it in mind.....
This morning TBSITW came across early (in fact the middle of the night, as it was only 8.30 am) to drive us both to the hairdresser. The appointments on the same day were needed when I had to surrender my driving licence on medical grounds, so mine was at 9.30 and hers was at 12.30.
What we did was she took me there and dropped me off with a book to read if needed and then went hot-foot to the local shopping mall. I gave her a small shopping list, then went on to finish the book "The Cruel Stars of the Night" by Kjell Eriksson, more of a mystery than the usual police procedural, very atmospheric and edge of the seat stuff.
TBSITW then returned and had her hair done, then off we went back home, where she was able to re-insert the sleeper in my right ear which came out a week or two ago.
At home, as well as that, she left me with a pan of lentil soup made with a ham shank stock. I could taste the smoked ham flavour through the soup. She also had cut some nice bits of ham into the soup. It was so good that I ate the whole thing!
I have just had my minister on the phone to see if I am all right. Good to have a blether.
3 comments:
Glad you found it Elaine, I was going to leave you a comment to say it was there for you but no need.
The book seems very interesting, sadly haven't had much time to sit and read but hoping to finish atonement soon; I am usually better than this but seemingly these cold viruses don't seem to go away only multiply.
MMmmmmm... lentil soup with hamhock... THAT is what I need to get rid of this flu bug, I just know it!
Wish I were in Scotland...
Just Another Day On The Prairie is a good 'un and is my Blog O' The Week. Good timing, Elaine!
Post a Comment