Yesterday was a beautiful day with the sun shining, white fluffy clouds in a blue sky, temperature rising to what it should be for summer, so when daughter phoned to invite me over I dropped everything and drove the shorter but slower and scenic route. It is good to see the countryside so green (one benefit of all the rain we have been having).
Unfortunately, not only was the route scenic but also it was made much longer with a proliferation of roadworks: the march of the cones continues and traffic lights leap out of the ground in myriads of new places. Still that also gives more opportunities to look around at the scenery, and it is the scenery that I love - fields and hills, with trees and crops and farms close by. It is good to see the wild flowers flourishing in the verges too. There are several villages and one small town on the route as well.
Arrived at daughter's home and was greeted with great joy by, not only by my daughter, but also by two grandsons. One of them is quite a bit taller than I am now. How time flies by...
Boys disappeared off, the younger one to play and the older one along with a friend to play golf, so I didn't see him again. Younger grandson dashed in for some lunch and out to play again, so I only saw him again when I was leaving.
This gave daughter and me plenty time to catch up with all the news. Heard about their recent holiday on Gran Canaria, and am waiting for photographs to be emailed to me. Older grandson went karting on the adult track by pretending to be 17 (instead of 14) and put in a very good performance. She likes the chance to catch up with things like ironing while we chat as she doesn't notice the time passing.
Drove home via the motorway, which was not too busy, thank goodness.
Enjoyed such a good lunch of cold roast lamb sandwich that I could not eat any tea. This has to be good for the diet (surely?)
Thursday, 9 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment