Thursday, 23 August 2007

Summer Days

Yesterday, the sun was splitting the heavens and it felt like summer – we appear this year to get only the odd day of summer so have to take full advantage of it when it comes,

So what is this silly old fool doing but sitting at her computer, when the phone rings. It is sister inviting me to visit. You have never seen me move so fast. I was out the flat and in the car inside 5 minutes!

It was a lovely afternoon catching up with all the gossip (slightly difficult as she leads such a busy life and never has time to read my blog and I keep forgetting whether I have told her something already or just blogged it.)

We had tea and wonderful home-baked cake, then sat in the garden in the sunshine, giving me plenty time to enjoy baby puppy. He is so lively, though still at the jumping up stage and, when he isn’t licking you to death, he is exercising his sharp little teeth!

Got a present of home grown lettuce, spring onions and courgette, so I bought some tomatoes on the way home and made potato salad for tea.

No comments: