Thursday, 11 October 2007

Charity Shop

This afternoon I did my stint at the charity shop I have mentioned before. It is only relatively recently that we have kept open through October - this afternoon over 2 1/2 hours we made only £1.60 (and that was made because the other volunteer made a small purchase!)

When I went to the hairdresser the other day and did some shopping, I did not mention that I got a new mobile phone; I did this as the battery on my old one was lasting less than 24 hours. It would appear that a new phone is better value for money than a new battery (if you are careful what you buy). It is a bit like having to regard printers as disposable I suppose.

So, I had to load all my family and friends numbers onto the new phone and notify them all of my new number. I seem to be coping with all the new features fairly well, but will need to have the manual with me for a day or two (RTFM being the order of the day).

After sending a text to everyone with the new number, I started to get a bit paranoid that I had made a mistake, but no, all is well.

4 comments:

SeaSpray said...

I am so technically challenged with that stuff.

I hate texting. I basically feel I don't miss what I never had.

I hardly use my cell phone but I do like having one. Great for convenience. :)

Getting my hair done Monday and can't wait!!

Elaine said...

I first got my cell phone when I was travelling a lot on my own and it was basically a security blanket and hardly used.

Then a family member was desperately ill and I was at his bedside. Every so often I would nip outside and text all the rest of the family to keep them up to date. This disturbed other visitors a lot less than calling.

So..texting became very easy and now we all use it to keep in touch. It just takes a few days to get used to each new phone's little quirks.

Elaine said...

btw - re hair: ENJOY! (and wishes for no rain) :-)

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Elaine! :)