Had a lazy day today, so lazy that I spent the afternoon watching a DVD of "Murder One"; do you remember that convoluted court case involving two suspects (at least so far), Richard Cross - the one who smiles and smiles and is a villain and Niel Avedon, the pretty boy male film star?
There are some films or TV series that are worth while buying and keeping to watch and rewatch at some interval - such as Jewel in the Crown, Between the Lines, West Wing, Homicide: Life on the Street (to my mind the best ever cop show), and others that are better being rented and watched either for the first time or later. Have to confess that once again I sing the praises of Amazon because they put more former tv series on offer than many other rental sites, who cater more for the film buff.
Former tv series, issued with subtitles in English for the hard of hearing. fit my needs perfectly.
The trees here are still green, but "the nights are fair drawing in" - it is only 18.36 British Summer Time and already outside all colours have been leached out of the scenery.
Saturday, 6 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello Elaine :) Dreaded Daughter In law here! Thought you might like to know that Douglas and I read your blog quite often, and its good to know you are feeling better.
Of course we really dont want you to get better, and absolutley dont want you to come visit ;)
I have the afternoon off work on the day of your arrival - Douglas, who has all day off, i think, intends to drive to the airport and pick you up so I can have bread and water ready for you - we know thats all you need to have a horrible stay with us. Lol!
See you soon.. and bring some of your books with you - you can read them inbetween scrubbing our floors and weeding our garden.
About twice a week I'll watch TV (and then, invariably, it's trashy viewing rather than anything high brow). It's even rarer that I'll watch a DVD. Our DVD player broke. In fairness, it was an £18 one from Tesco, so not the end of the world. Some day I'll have to sort out another DVD player and time to catch up on Thing I Should Watch.
dear lovely daughter in law - look forward to the bread and water - and to seeing you both too!
Post a Comment