Thursday, 4 October 2007

Must be Feeling Better.....

...as it is back to wash day once more. Of course it all mounts up when you are under the weather. Hope the shrink now has his brand new washing machine. I haven't done family sized hand washes for more years than I care to remember. I have got the white wash and the black wash done (do you think I view the world in black and white rather than in shades of grey - never mind in all its multi-coloured glory?)

My weekly cleaners, who enable me to cope , and who are unfailingly cheerful and helpful) will be here shortly and will change my bed, leaving me with a further wash.......

It is a beautiful day here today with the sun shining and just a little wind in the trees. I love days like this.

On a.'s advice am now reading Fred Vargas "Have Mercy On Us All" - looks promising!

Must get around to taking out shares in Amazon.....

3 comments:

A. said...

I do hope you enjoy the Vargas. I always feel terribly responsible whenever someone listens to a recommendation of mine. I know what you mean about shares in Amazon, though I have to say they've been annoying me recently. It seems unless you pay (highly) for extra fast delivery, it's always extremely slow, even first class.

The Shrink said...

Sadly, we're still waiting for our washing machine to be delivered.

Was at the local laundrette yesterday as we wimped out of hand washing depresisngly huge piles of laundry!

Elaine said...

Oh poor shrink (and poor Mrs shrink. You seem to have had an interminable wait (was it perhaps a gold plated machine, or something?) - joke in very poor taste.

Thank you a. I am reading the first Fred Vargas, and really enjoying it. Look forward to more.