Off to the Bridge Club this afternoon. When I arrived I said to "the boss" that I wondered if they would let me back after all the mistakes I made last week. She was so full of apologies for shouting at me - anyone would think it was her fault!
What was really funny was that, in spite of everything, we were not last - just second last!
This week I was partnered with someone I had played with only once before. She is a strong player, so I really didn't want to let her down. It was somewhat ironic that she has difficulty speaking due to shortness of breath and I have difficulty hearing. I told her she could say anything about me that she wished and I would not know!
Arrived back at the ranch in time for a cup of tea with the Scrabble group.
Shortly after returning home, there was a ring at the bell and one of my neighbours making an enquiry about my cleaners as she is now finding it more difficult to manage. She was delighted to join me in a Noilly Prat - shows how much I like her that I am prepared to share it with her...
Monday, 21 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow elaine.. you must REALLY like her if you are prepared to do that!!
;-)
Post a Comment