.....never were there such devoted sisters.
Think of the Beverly Sisters (if you are old enough)
This morning started bright and early with a trip to the local District General Hospital with friend J, who had an outpatient appointment.Not long after that, Best Sister called bearing gifts (Timeo danaos et dona farentes?), in fact she brought a bottle of Noilly Prat, which is my favourite vermouth, which she bought in a big store in big City which is not so rapacious as the one beginning with a T or the one beginning with an A (neither of which stock it.)
We had a great blether, which extended over two cups of tea and a golden krispie cake together with a slice of chocolate cake from J.
Here, I found road works going on in our car park (of which we were not notified) and which are seemingly due to electricity cable laying. I thought this had been done over a year ago, but apparently that time the job was not done properly. Hope it is done properly this time as a number of new residents have come with cars, so that the pressure on the car park is increasing. The car park is too small to have designated parking places, sadly.
NOTHING!
(That is what my sister says as saying "nothing" loudly)
After the best sister in the world left, J came down to tell me how she got on at OPD. She was there for an hour and a half, and it has now been agreed that she is to join a group for treatment, though there will be a waiting list , probably of 10 weeks or so.
It is a long time, but still at least a positive response.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was a grand visit. Thanks for the cuppas, krispie cake & chocolate cake from J. Now I know how to sign myself properly. x
Do you know the movie where they featured the song "Sisters"?
The one where Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby performed it in drag to cover up for the real sister act?
- Marcheline
Hullo Marcheline, welcome to my blog, I shall now have a look at yours. I think I can remember the Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye version, but can't place it.
???? Holiday Inn???
Post a Comment