Friday, 25 April 2008

The Car.....

Went to that nice Kwik-Fit as arranged for them to look at the wheel to order a new one in; they also checked the steering which was fine.

But they found the wheel was out of alignment and fixed that.

Just got a phone call to say that the new wheel won't be in until Tuesday, so I shall call in on my way back from physiotherapy classes.

On my way home, I popped in to the small Asda and found, to my horror that, not only did I not have a coin for the trolley, but that I did not have my purse. (Glad I did not find that out when I reached checkout with a full trolley!)

Came home and found it hiding under a book I was reading yesterday. It had got put down on the stool after I entered any credit card statements into Excel, then had later put the book down on top of it.

Silly me...

but successful shop done.

4 comments:

izzy said...

I've gone to the big supermarket down the road, filled up my trolley then realised I'd forgotten my purse! I was so embarrassed. Here I was thinking those trolleys you have to put a pound in are a nuisance but they turn out to have a purpose after all! Hope you get the car fixed soon and it doesn't happen again. Have a lovely weekend too.

Anonymous said...

Not long ago, I did a huge shop at the big supermarket that we all love to hate (T....) then discovered I had no purse. They took my full trolley and put it in a cool place for me to come back for. No fuss at all. (Only down side, an 25 mile round trip home).
TBSITW

Elaine said...

That was good of them - shame you felt you had no option but to make that round trip. Was there not someone living nearer to T.... who could have helped out??????

By the way, izzy, I love your blog (and especially the picture at the top - seriously cute)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - I know who lives nearer the big supermarket. It's YOU! Pity I didn't stop long enough to think that at the time.