This is another beautiful day. I do hope it lasts as I think we deserve some better weather after the consistently awful weather of March.
I first came across the very useful implements of the title many years ago in France, so in my family they have always been called by their French name, regardless of what country we are in.
I have been prompted to write this brief post by what I ate for lunch today; it was such a simple repast that it certainly does not warrant a post on my recipes blog. What I ate was merely apples and brie - 4 English Heritage apples (they are rather small) and the rest of an opened pack of President brie.
So I sat at the table and chopped the apples into four, then removed the cores, which then got transferred to the poubelle, as did the wrapper of the brie. (On other occasions I use it for fish skins and/or bones, chop bones and so on.)
It was then very easy to transfer the contents to the kitchen bin.
My poubelle de table is a 5 litre cylindrical chrome colour lidless bin. Sometimes, especially if I am going to use it for messy stuff, I line it with a plastic food bag(re-using, of course). By contrast my kitchen bin is 30 litres.
As well as using it at the table, I keep it by the sink when I am preparing food, so that vegetable peelings and so on go in prior to being transferred to the bin.
No, living here in a block of flats, I cannot have a compost bin!
Saturday, 5 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment