Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Exercising

Well, today, around 4pm my Stepper arrived. When I looked on-line to track the progress of the delivery, I found the seller had given a wrong Internet address; however a quick Google search got me to the correct address. When I typed in the tracking number there was a message to phone, so I did (especially as it was a freephone number. Anyway I was told it would be with me by 4pm.

Shortly before that I happened to catch a glimpse of a fellow in an orange shirt walking along the front of our building clutching a rather large parcel.

So, I opened my French windows and asked if he was coming to me.

He was.

It is amazing how many people cannot work out how to use the entryphone!

So, today's exercise involved opening the large parcel and flat-packing it and taking it to the paper bin, then opening the outer packing of the product itself., flat packing it and taking it to the bin.

So, I have had a look at the instructions, and need to make a place to put it. There is a belt (rather like a fan belt) that requires to be oiled - and a vial of oil is enclosed, so I need to find something to put underneath it. Fortunately, I have some spare carpet in the hall cupboard, so with help, I shall cut that t0 approximate size and get it going.

That might all be tomorrow's exercise!.

3 comments:

Marcheline said...

Good luck with your new stepper, Elaine! My mother just left from her visit here this morning, and after a week of sleeping on an air mattress with a rather large bedmate (my husband) I am looking forward to a night in a REAL BED! So is my spine. I am off to "do the swan dive", as my mom puts it... zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

- M

Elaine said...

Many happy dreamsm Marcheline.

ctdweller said...

aahh google, where will we all be without you?

cheers to life!