Thursday, 1 May 2008

You Remember That Stepper...

.... we were talking about yesterday?

Okay.

This morning I worked out that the only place to put it was behind the door into the living room. So all I had to do was to remove a lamp, and put the stepper in its place.

The lamp was plugged in to an adaptor which was behind the middle of three low sideboard units.

No problem.

Except that it would not come out.

So, I removed all the stuff from the top of the units and managed to move one of the side ones out from the wall.

But I could not move the middle unit - and it held my best crystal (well that was a small portion of the contents), glasses and some full bottles.

So I emptied that cupboard, and still could not move it.

So I emptied the third cupboard and moved it, then was able to get the adaptor out from behind the middle unit.

Then I moved the cupboards back.

Then I refilled them.

Collapse of stout party.

Then

I found a spare roll of carpet in the hall cupboard beside the hot water tank and brought it through to the living room.

Collapse of stout party....

Later, my two wonderful cleaners arrived and cut a piece of carpet to suit and then oiled the stepper, so it is now ready to use after I have read the instructions...........

One of my cleaners has the light away - I have rarely used it since I moved here and there is plenty lighting without it.

4 comments:

Marcheline said...

Sounds like you got a workout, stepper or no stepper!

Hey - you could make millions with this new fitness program! Go on the tele and charge people $9.99 for your fitness program secrets. When they send in their money order, send them back instructions to move all the furniture in their house around twice a week!

8-)

- M

Anonymous said...

I hope Stout Party has recovered! Why does it need plugging in.. is it a mini treadmill??

Do explain more :-)

love,

DDIL (and yes on the email I just sent you, I got it wrong lol)

Sage said...

Bless you Elaine, I laughed at that... one of the curses of getting old, moving things becomes a tactical exercise of emptying everything out before you can do the next stage... just take it easy.

Sage

Elaine said...

To Marcheline - loved it - you made me laugh!

To Mrshappyanna: no plugging in required, but stepper had to occupy spot where lamp had been sitting!

To Sage - thank you for your kind thoughts