In my last post I wrote that I was going to go back to the supermarket after Church today; however I rather thought I might spend more on petrol than I might gain by having the prices corrected.
So I phoned instead yesterday afternoon. After some time I got a call back saying that all the prices were correct.
Ooops.I never buy wine at £13.99 a bottle, so I really did get carried away.
The other thing that I did not mention yesterday was that I had a silly fall. I was trying to put on a certain item of underwear, and had the left foot through the leg hole and was balancing on that foot and with my right shoulder leaning against the chest of drawers, when I overbalanced and fell, landing on my left hip. No damage done and I got up again quickly and resumed dressing.
Last night I discovered that I had in fact bruised my hip and I wakened every time I turned over to that side in my sleep.
Still, worse disasters at sea (and I am so lucky not to have broken anything yet.).
I see this morning that I have quite a bit of bruising over the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
At the risk of sounding nosy and bossy and overbearing, I am going to say first that I am concerned over the frequency of your "falling over" stories! Well, not the stories, but the actual falling over bit.
I'm glad you haven't been seriously injured, but the odds are way against you if this continues, you know.
Please be careful, Elaine - and think about some of the options available for extra support when walking, gardening, dressing, etc.
Also, put your knickers on sitting down. I've fallen over myself a time or two trying to do it standing up - it's just silly, really.
I am just selfish, you know - I love reading your blog, and if you fall over and break, it will be WEEKS before you can write another post. We just can't have that, now, can we?
Hugs,
M
Thank you marcheline. This county has a Falls Response Service with doctors and occupational therapists and I am not sure who else involved in assessing the client (ie me) I do know that my GP referred me at the end of April, but so far I have heard nothing.
Part of my problem is probably denial, and the other part is that, as I grow older I find myself becoming more and more like my father - seriously stubborn among other things.
Bet I could write a post with my big toe or a pen held in my mouth or something. You have to go a long way to keep this woman quiet. ;-)
Try cutting down, Elaine.
Rule No. 1 for any Risk Assessment - 'Eliminate Risk'!
Ask yourself, "Do I really need knickers?" lol.
Marcheline said that nicely!
to dickiebo:
You always manage to hit the nail on the head, don't you?
Thanks for yet another laugh!
Loved dickiebo's comments as well.. can commiserate on the fall, having had a few myself over the past couple of months; the last this weekend was spectacularly embarassing, but I must admit to sometimes worrying myself as to more severe damage than just bruising.. like the others said stop taking chances and risking it quite so much..
{{hugs}}
Sage
Post a Comment