This morning dawned with more low cloud, but at least no rain, so off to Church for Pentecost. Our minister is currently preaching a series of sermons on St Paul's letters, but for today turned to The Acts of the Apostles, and the speed with which the good news of the Christian faith spread far and wide from Jerusalem around the Mediterranean countries and even to the heart of the Roman Empire, Rome.
Our prayers this morning were particularly for the poor people in Burma and in a different vein, for the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland which starts next week.
I was lucky this morning to get a disabled parking bay - I left home at 10.15 to try to make sure of that.
After a quick lunch, my mind was tortured by the thought of two strips of plants unplanted.
So, I took my stick and a trusty polythene bag and ventured forth.
Luckily the plants are small and the soil is very easy to work just now after all the rain we have had, so although bending over is not easy (and is really not desirable) I managed to get all the plants in.
A great feeling of achievement!
And now the sun has come out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
(Do you have that over there?) Well, it's "Mother's Day" over here, so I'm wishing you a happy one anyway!
- M
Oh, thank you very much Marcheline. Yes, we do have Mothers Day over here, but it was in March.
Nevertheless, a second one is more than welcome.
Lucky you having rain, we havent had rain down here for a few weeks and the plants are having to be watered.. next thing we will get a hosepipe ban in place..
My waterbarrel levels are dwindling by the day..
Take it easy doing the gardening, don't over do it and risk falling over.
Ah yes, I have fond (or not so fond) of hosepipe bans and staggering round my pots with watering cans at least one a day.
Re the falling over, both my sister and my GP would be horrified if they knew what I had done. It was rather a close run thing.
I often like to think that I take after my mother who was a very kind, gentle lady, but more and more I am seeing myself like my father - stubborn in the extreme!
ooops missed out "memories" from the last comment.
Post a Comment