Monday, 26 May 2008

Bridge, Bridge, Bridge!

Today, as usual, I went to the bridge club, where there were not very many players, so we played singles (don't ask - I still don't really understand.) However, this week I got talking to another lady who has recently moved to the area, has played bridge before, but is feeling a little unsure of herself.

So, we have decided to play together on a Monday afternoon to get a better handle on how we each play, with a view to playing together on Tuesday evenings.

This is such wonderful news, and I do hope we get on.

Another beautiful day, but just as I was about to leave for the bridge club, someone came in and mentioned that it was very cold in the wind, so I returned for my fleece. Needn't have bothered, but once a girl guide, always a girl guide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really sorry didn't get a chance to see you last week. This week is not good for me as I am working every day and M's friend L & his wife are coming over at the weekend. Can I book ahead for lunch next Wed the 4th June?
I loved the sound of the mushrooms too. Lager dunk through a lime in the neck of the bottle is very refreshing too.
Lots of love xxxx

Elaine said...

You drink from the bottle? For shame. ;-)

Wednesday 4th is in my diary..See you, then.

Jellyhead said...

Um, lunch next Wednesday suits me, too.... shall I come along? ;-)

I have never played bridge, and I've always been a bit daunted by the thought. It imagine it to be quite complex, and perhaps requiring of counting of cards, like in the game 500 (do you know or play 500? I LOVE playing 500, but I always forget to count trumps and end up frustrating my partner terribly!)

One day I shall give it a go!

Elaine said...

Oh bbless you Jellyhead, you would be most welcome - if you can work outg where to go!

I've never heard of, never mind played, 500, and yes, bridge is quite complex. You can learn enough to start playing and enjoying it, but you have to delve a bit more deeply to get any good at it. I am trying to work my way past the beginner stage....