This morning I set off early to reach daughter's house by 9.30 am. The reason was that we were going to 2 plant sales.
It is not safe to take me near one of these.....
At the first one I bought 2 pots of parsley to bring on in the kitchen. I think I have said before that otherwise the neighbourhood peacock feasts on them. I also bought 4 strips of begonia to fill up spaces in the border and 2 good sized busy lizzies. At the second one I was not tempted by the plants, but they had a second hand book sale, 5 for £1, so of course I bought 5:-2 Dick Francis ones, a David Baddiel, an omnibus Douglas Adams and a Harlan Coben. At the second one we had tea and a cake and I have bought a fruit cake for Monday afternoon's "Scrabble tea".
Back home again I took my bedside stool out to the garden (as I know I can get up from it.) I planted the first 2 strips of begonias, but then found I could not get up again.
After quite a struggle, I did manage it. So at that point I called a halt on planting.
The start of the day was misty, then the sun burnt it off and it was a beautiful hot day.
And now it is raining.
and I am rather stiff and sore.....
Saturday, 10 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It sounds like you had a great day! I love plants and books. I have loved Douglas Adams books for a long time, since I first read "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." I've enjoyed all five books in the trilogy. *wink* I remember reading somewhere that "So Long and Thanks For All the Fish" was the 4th in the trilogy so I just assumed that "Mostly Harmless" was the
5th. They're pure silliness. I hope you enjoy them.
Oh yes, I too love hitchhikers.. and used to have a well-worn copy of the three that I now have in a good copy in one book.
Peacocks! How romantic! They are so lovely to look at, but the sounds they make could curl your hair, aye? Still, to have neighborhood peacocks is something special. Do they winter outside?
- M
Yes, peacocks are beautiful birds, but this one does not have a mate and is so often crying for one...
Post a Comment