Up and dressed in plenty of time this morning and decided that I had plenty of time for breakfast. So i went to the kitchen and tried to cut Sunday's loaf to make some French toast - knew it would be too hard for just eating and too small for the toaster.
So, I steadied the loaf with my left and and tried to cut a slice with my right...
Ah, you're ahead of me here.
Yes, another failed suicide attempt ;-). Bled like a stuck pig though. Put on a plaster with dressing. Shortly blood was coming through, so I put another one on on top of the first one.
Now no time for breakfast, so I had a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice instead and went on my (slightly shaky) way.
Managed most of the class this morning apart from the exercises which required me to grip with my left hand.
Came back and went to big garden centre for a cheese scone and apple juice - this one was bramley apple and was quite sharp. Then I picked up a couple of loaves of bread and some nibbles before going to buy some energy saving light bulbs. My ceiling lights use round bulbs and they never seem to last long, so I am replacing them as they go with energy saving ones, and hope they do longer. They had better, as they are really quite expensive.
The weather today is grey skies and quite a wind. The external car thermometer said it was 12. degrees, but it felt much colder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Note to self : remove finger from range of knife when cutting... easily done though.. glad you have managed to do too much damage to yourself.
Gosh Elaine - I hope you're OK! I steady with my right and cut with my left, but it's happened to me too.
It was 32°C in my valley this afternoon. The Föhn wind's been blowing up a storm and I've washed and dried four machine loads (my glamourous life...).
Yes sage, that's my problem - I know that perfectly well, but dash on regardless.....
to orchidea - 32degrees is far too hot for me. I may complain about British weather, but temperate climes do suit me better.
So why do I always keep complaining?
Last week I was cutting a large packet open and with the very last snip of the scissors I included a knuckle. Thank goodness for the sticking plasters (by Elastoplast)called finger strips, where the sticky bit on one side of the bandage is longer and so can wind round the finger a couple of times to keep the plaster in place. If you've not met them yet, I highly recommend them.
To tbsitw - I have heard of them, and had one or two in my drawer, but they are now out of date and no onger sticky, so I just bought good old-fashioned Elastoplast strips, that you cut to size.
(I'm just an old-fashioned girl.....)
I always knew you were a cut-up, Elaine, but this is really taking things a bit far, don't you think?
8-)
- M
Oh Marcheline - you are so right.
Everything that I do wrong, or thatt goes wrong, I say I have learnt a lesson.
And so I have.
But then I make another mistake.....
Post a Comment