Tuesday, 20 May 2008

More Exercises

Perhaps as a result of Saturday's fall, I found I was struggling a bit at the class this morning, but at least I managed to complete the circuit.

On my way home, my car was drawn irresistibly into the correct lane to enter the garden centre, so what could I do?

I managed to find a disabled parking bay near the front doors, and went in and had a cheese scone and butter with a glass of ginger and lemongrass presse.

The vegetable box this morning had potatoes, carrots and onions together with a white cabbage, a lettuce, a bag of spinach, and several stalks of rhubarb. The fruit comprised 2 apples, 2 onions, 2 bananas and a kiwi fruit, and as usual, half a dozen eggs.

I am going to make some spinach soup (the light version using semi-skimmed milk instead of cream), and I shall also have to make a rhubarb crumble. There was a recipe for this included with the rhubarb, so I shall try that out later this week.

6 comments:

Sage said...

Rhubarb Crumble, my favourite pudding [well other than anything chocolate :-) ] with or without custard that is the question?

How's the hip today?

Elaine said...

Thank you, sage, my hip is improving but still quite tender - and I am not showing anyone the bruise!

With custard, definitely..... or maybe with a rather good ice cream.

Yes, I think the ice cream won - it is a locally made one, made in small quantities.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, the spinach soup sounds fab! BG

Elaine said...

to bg

many thanks for your good wishes.

Nicey said...

Aww poor you, keep your chin up
Nicey

Elaine said...

To nicey:

Thank you - but, actually that should read "chins". ;-)