I went to play bridge again this afternoon, and idly looked at the book showing last week's results. My partner and I came second!!!!!!!!
Today we played 21 boards, and there were some really funny hands, so it will be very interesting to see how well we did (not well, I imagine).
It was really cold today, although the sun was shining. The temperature when I left was 1.5 degrees, and on leaving to return home it was 3.5 degrees; however the car reckoned there was a risk of freezing and so put on the frost setting, which meant the car started off in "3rd gear" (it's an automatic transmission) which made for rather high revs and hence some difficulty in parking as there is a small step up into the parking bay.
Arrived back in time to miss the cup of tea for the scrabble players, but did get my hands on a rather scrummy cake.
As you may remember, a. has given me a book in French to read, a detective story by an author I like, but which has not been translated into English. I am really enjoying it and am heading up for half way through.
Monday, 12 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment