Tuesday, 13 November 2007

Posting (The Other Kind)

Today I was finally overcome by guilt at not having returned a book belonging to D. (I can't remember it's title, it has been so long! So, seeing this was going to involve a trip to a Post Office to get it weighed and franked, I also collected 2 other items of mail for posting and 3 Christmas cards for overseas. (And having said that, I have just remembered another one!)

Going to the Post Office involved a trip to a near by small town, and it was a lovely day with the sun shining and milder than yesterday. So, all that required to be dealt with there has been done.

However

Once again the traffic lights are rearing their ugly heads! One set was three-way traffic lights, which you can imagine involved a fair delay, and of course I was caught in both directions.

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!

My Christmas stamps have arrived from the Post Office and so I shall try to make some inroads into writing the cards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you use e-cards over the e-mail? That's what I'm gonna do for Barbara this year! Well, we pensioners don't have money to throw around, now do we?

Anonymous said...

Oh no! a misplaced apostrophe! S

Elaine said...

To s.

Guilty as charged (I can't believe I did that!!

e cards - umm not sure about how well those would go down - many of my friends are not on the internet.