This morning I worked on my jigsaw for a while, then after lunch went to the residents’ lounge for a cup of tea while waiting for the fish van. Today the choice was rather poor – wish I had a good fish shop that I could get to easily. However I managed to secure the second last salmon fillet, and cooked it for my tea.
It is very easy, coat it thinly in seasoned flour, then fry in butter on all sides till cooking nicely; then add some wine (not a lot, and I tend to use white as the salmon has a delicate taste.)
This I served with my organic potatoes and carrots.
Today I also made bread in my bread maker. I was given a super recipe, but today I substituted butter for the oil.
The recipe is:
9 fl oz water
2 Tbsps dried milk powder
1½ Tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp salt
2½ Tbsp sunflower oil or melted butter
4 oz wholemeal flour
4 oz granary malted flour
4 oz strong white flour
1½ tsp yeast (or a bit less)
If you use butter, you should be careful, when you melt it in the microwave, to use a bowl, rather than a side plate. It did actually stay in the plate until I lifted it out of the microwave, when I managed to spill some…… oops!
Anyway it is now turned out and I shall report on its merits after breakfast tomorrow/
Friday, 2 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you ever get lonesome at t'table, give us a bell.
thanks for the compliment, dickiebo. :-)
Post a Comment