Sunday, 25 November 2007

Sunday 25 November

Today I set my alarm and managed to get ready in time to go to the early (9.30) morning service, and even had my hearing aids in (unlike last time). However, when I got out to the car park I realised that I was wearing my reading glasses - the ones I wear at the computer instead of the varifocal ones which I use for driving. Fortunately in the side poccket of the car door is a spare pair of distance glasses so I was all right. It was good to get to church, although I miss knowing the people round about me and I miss the choir, but the important thing is to be there.

Next week is Advent Sunday and we start using the new hymn book CH4; many people have donated copies to the church including one of my family, and I have donated a number of copies in lieu of Christmas presents to the adults in my family; we have decided that it is more important to give presents to the children, not to the adults. Elder son is giving a goat to Africa instead of a present

My balance is still a bit difficult, but fortunately I see my GP on Tuesday morning (although I am not at all sureif there is anything that can be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you haven't tried one, then you might find a stick helpful for balance problems. My mother had Meniere's disease and both a stick and a drug called Serc 8 helped her considerably. It sounds a bit silly but I had always assumed that people who used sticks did so because they had dodgy knees or hips or ankles. I suspect that in reality a lot of stick users use them to compensate for balance difficulties rather than physical limitations of their limbs.

Elaine said...

Thank you very much for your helpful comment; in fact I have used a stick for the past six years (mind you I refused ro use a boring hospital one and use a Leki (designed for hill walking) one instead!) I have also been on Serc (16mg) eleven years. Seeing my GP on Tuesday to see if he can come up with anything.......