Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Bridge ... and After

Yesterday was the first time I had played with my new partner. How was it, I hear you ask?

Well, the jury's out.

I think we have a long way to go to be successful partners, and first thoughts are that she is quick to find fault, but slow to accept it.

Still, maybe a lot of us are like that and just don't recognise it.

We played on till half past four and so the Scrabble group had all had their cup of tea and gone.

I came home and made a cup of tea; I don't like to have one while we are playing because of my shaky hands (particularly as they have just bought new green baize covers for the tables.) I put the mug on the table and went to slide into my chair when I lost my balance and fell to the side, almost toppling the table over; managed to right the table, but too late to save the mug of tea, although the mug was unbroken.

What makes me very sad is that the tea went all over my jigsaw board, and what is worse rendered unusable the beautiful jigsaw I was in the middle of doing. It was very hard but I had made huge breakthroughs recently. Of course the board is now also unusable as the felt is all out of shape and no longer of any use.

Of course, the first thing I did was go and order another one.

Oh yes, I am boring and predictable.

This morning I seem to be sore all down my left side........

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to ask me - I've the other jigsaw mat you could have had.........

But very sorry to hear that the lovely jigsaw is ruined. Not to mention your carpet. At least you are not injured or scalded. That's the main thing.

Sage said...

Oh no.. not another incident.. Elaine, you are going to have to be more careful or wrap yourself up like the michelin man and then you would bounce.. :-)

Sorry to hear about the jigsaw, especially when you had done so much work on it as well..

Sage

Elaine said...

To tbsitw:

No, at least the carpet got none of it, just the jigsaw board.

Always look on the bright side of life.:-)

to sage:

I really am careful, but keep thinking I am a normal person, and thus get into scrapes.

Just as well I bear some resemblance to the michelin man, and that is why it has always been soft tissue injuries.

SO FAR!

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I never did realise the dangers in a jig-saw! Look after yerself gal!

Elaine said...

Bless you dickiebo.

Anonymous said...

My first thoughts were Hmmm wonder if Amazon or Ebay does jigsaw boards, but it looks as if TBSITW has got that sorted.

So sorry to hear its ruined, but at least you are ok - thats much more important!

much love,

Elaine said...

To tddil:

Amazon had no longer any on their lists, but after a lot of searching on the net have ordered one from jigsawgallery.