Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Exercise Class and More

So, off to the exercise class this morning, passing the time of day with a good friend among the residents. Of course she's a good friend; she was admiring of the amount of weight I have lost recently. When I got in the car I realised I was running a bit late, but no point in worrying about that - that's the way accidents happen. As it happens I took the middle road out of town towards the motorway (usually I take the top one) and was delighted to discover that it was quicker so I got there in plenty of time.

Although still somewhat sore down my left side I was pleased to note that I managed to complete all the exercises. There was a small exception - I did the usual time at the usual resistance on the exercise bike, but was not pedalling as fast as usual, so the speed was not up to par.

After, being as boring and predictable as ever, I went to the big garden centre for my usual tea and scone. Afterwards I bought some salad veg to add to the stuff I already had and, to go with it, 2 slices of boiled ham and of corned beef. The quality of cold meats looked excellent and each one was labelled with the (high) percentage of meat content. There were strawberries too (local ones). I also bought a small pork pie - I haven't had one of them in AGES. I ate the pie for lunch.

Then - the best part of the day - an unexpected visit from the best sister in the world. It was so good to catch up with her news.

Unfortunately, and I hope it wasn't the pork pie, I am now having a slight medical problem, however any more detail would be FAR too much information.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must have been that digestive biscuit! Hope it clears up soon.
XX

Elaine said...

...or the beer! Had ony bread and butter for tea but feel right as rain now.

xx

Marcheline said...

Elaine, I've noticed that throughout many of your posts you refer to yourself as "boring and predictable".

I know you're saying it in a joking manner, but I feel the need to tell you that in this scary, unpredictable world we are living in, there is something very comforting and un-boring about someone whose life centers around the quiet enjoyment of life's pleasures. Cups of tea and scones, jigsaw puzzles, games with friends... all of these things are treasures that elude most people as they scramble and scratch to place in the rat race.

You are a gem.

- M

Elaine said...

Oh Marcheline, you have no idea how touched I am by that comment. Yes, I too lived in the rat race once and had hoped still to be working now (till I was seventy I hoped), but my state of health, or even more accurately, my states of health meant that I could not do so. However I do always try to keep a positive attitude to life - after all, there's no point in being miserable.

Marcheline said...

Rock on, Elaine!

- M