Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Visit to Daughter

Today dawned bright and sunny. Now I always say that daughter does a rain dance for my visit so I decided to wear my jumper and carry my fleece too. This should also keep the weather nice here too, so I hope my neighbours are suitably impressed and grateful.

As you will gather from the above, I went to visit daughter for lunch. We had a pasta salad served with crisp French bread and a fruit drink. We ate lunch in the garden and her younger son was there too

We then went through to the dining room and chatted while she did the ironing. I iron as little as possible, but she irons much more - some of it essential with having a man and 2 sons (one virtually a man, at least in terms of size) to iron for as well, of course, as her smart clothes for work.

After that we again went into the garden for a cup of tea and a biscuit before I set off for home.

When I got here I found the mail inside the door and picked it up. 2 items were obviously just mail shots, but the third one was in a red envelope which looks like the sort of thing to enclose a birthday card or something of that ilk.

So I actually looked at the front before opening it, and I am so glad I did as it was addressed to a gentleman with the same surname as mine. I immediately took it to the appropriate door and the gentleman said it was for him as he had a birthday in a couple of days. I was glad to have that sorted out as there is another gentleman with the same initial and surname as this gentleman. (Keep up there at the back!)

Still the sun is shining.

Long may it last.

2 comments:

Sage said...

It would have been the carrying of the fleece and wearing of the jumper as Summer is back (well at least for a few days...)

Nice when you get post, even better when it is a birthday card.

Anonymous said...

So the rain dance failed this visit? I shall have to learn a few steps for her visit in July!